Warhammer Online system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BossChase

Baseband Member
Hello guys

I've been trying to wait for my money to get in order before I build my high end system but recently I started playing the open beta of Warhammer Online and my current system is not up to par. I think its just the graphics card because mine is not listed below although it meets all the requirements

Bonus Registration

Not sure how long this link will be good for but if it doesn't work my dxdiag.txt is at the bottom of the post.

Should I just get a new graphics card to get my buy on my current pc or would I be better off getting a really cheap pc thats good enough to run the game well?

I think I just need a graphics card if thats also what you recommend what card listed below would work with my system?

For Windows XP

* 2.5 GHz P4 (single core) processor or equivalent
* 1 Gigabyte RAM
* A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
* At least 15 GB of hard drive space

For Windows VISTA

* 2.5 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
* 2 Gigabyte RAM
* A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
* At least 15 GB of hard drive space

NVIDIA GeForce series

* FX 5900, FX 5950
* 6600, 6800
* 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
* 8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
* 9400, 9500, 9600, 9800
* GTX 260, GTX 280

http://www.tarantuladatabase.com/DxDiag.txt

you would have to play it with everything on the lowest settings. also, youre card has turbocache, so i believe that it is using a part of your minimum 1 gigabyte of ram. the system is pretty old, so you may be better off getting some more money, sell that system and build a whole new one.

Thanks for the replies guys

I think i'm going to go with an 8600 graphics card for now. I'm planning to build a really high end system in december but I dont think I can get by with my current setup untill then. The card is only like 49.99 so it wont hurt to bad as long as thats all I need for now.

Thanks for the help

Instead of a 8600 you can pick up a 9600gso for $69.99.

Also the reason warhammer is lagging would probably be the RAM, since warhammer on my machine uses 1.3gig when alt tabbed. I have mine on medium settings because i thought it was to demanding for my system but I'm now 95% sure it's the ridiculous ram usage.

Also nice to see another warhammer player, what server are you on?

I'm on afew different servers been trying out all the different chars. When the head start comes out I'm going to try and get on a roleplay/pvp server if they have any I'm still torn between a sorc and a chosen

Hey, I actually registered to the forum to make this exact thread, haha. Well, since I saw this I figured I'd post my question here, but if no one responds I guess I'll make a new thread. The question: what do I need to do to play Warhammer decently.

I've got...
Videocard: Radeon 9550, 128mb
1Gb of RAM
k8v-mx motherboard (only 2 ram slots)
AMD athlon 64 Processor 3200+@2.2Ghz (I believe)

I know I can already run warhammer because I'm on open beta, BUT it is really choppy and I want a smoother play, even if it is on the lowest graphics. What do I do to achieve this (not good with computers at all). I wanted to buy a gig of RAM, but I found out my motherboard only has 2 slots already filled with 512s, meaning I would only see a half Gb boost by buying that RAM. What do you think? And is half a Gb of ram worth buying a Gb of it?

And a side question, would this video card work on my comp? Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100236L Radeon HD 3650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Please help, I know its a kind of loaded post

I don't think that card you picked out will work with your system. That 9550 is a AGP interface. So you'll need a AGP card instead of that 3650 which is PCI Express.

Ye, I don't know much about computers. What does it mean if it is AGP and what is PCI Express? Also, could you help me out with the warhammer problem? Is it the video card or RAM, processor, all of the above? haha. I want to make my computer run games better with the least amount of money as possible. I'm not too concerned about graphics at this point, moreso just the quality of gameplay.

EDIT: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100175L Radeon X1650PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
would this one work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom