How to know what to run on startup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmbphan041

Baseband Member
In misconfig how can I tell what I should be running (read: required by the system) vs. non-essential programs that I can turn off.

little help?

I'd include a screenshot but I'm not sure how.:eek:

956067terminator2posters.jpg

no problemo.

I dont think you need any of them. Try turning them all off, then add a few here and there if you'd prefer them to load at boot.

^ +1 for MasonW947 (Good first post :D)

You really don't need anything in Msconfig as they are not vital applications, just applications you have downloaded that startup and a few things that are integrated into windows. Personally all i have running on startup is ATI Tray Tools for overclocking and a process my friend made when he screwed up my computer (fixes a control panel bug).

That's not entirely true. There are several windows related things that are in msconfig. Most aren't essential for bootup but there are things like svchost which is needed for networking, and your video card driver interface like catalyst for ati. A good rule of thumb is check who the publisher is. If it isn't Microsoft, or the maker of your video card and sound card disable it. Then go back and find the office 2k7 helper task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom