Best Gaming setup under $800

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_Caveman

In Runtime
I need everything besides Monitor and was wondering if i could find a setup better than this tiger direct PC they have advertised for being Crysis Warhead ready for only $699? I can get the link to work, but just google it and you'll find it. I was just wondering with maybe an extra 80-90 buck could a custom build beat its price/performance.

Look at my signature, its a good build.

Or, I am about to update that sig to a new one with a 4870 at 920 with tax and shipping included
which becomes more like 890 after mail in rebate.

Tiger Direct is one of the most expensive companies to buy from. Post the computer and we'll tell you if you can get the same for cheaper.

cpu - Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
mobo- Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45D2-A7 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
ram - Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
g card - Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H485F512P Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
psu- Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
hdd -http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136218
also if your overclocking a xigmatek rifle 120mm cooler is great

this is alot better than the 699 tigerdirect pc and comes to 670 before shipping, without a case a dvd drive. note that a 9800gt IS a 8800gt with added support for tri-sli. if you really need it under 700 you could adjust some of the hardware for a cheaper build (rosewill psu, 320gb hdd) but thats a perfect rig and the 4850 is amazing it also o/c's like crazy. you could get a q6600 quad core if you wnated to but the e8400 will outperform that in nearly everygame except maybe crysis(not much at all), so its probably the better option.

"this is alot better than the 699 tigerdirect pc and comes to 670 before shipping, without a case a dvd drive."

Well that doesn't really help, since i would still need a Case, Dvd Drive, and OS, not to mention the 699 pc also comes with a keyboard and mouse. My budget really isn't going over 800, i need it to stay under if i can, and it looks like that pre build will be my best bet. i can always upgrade later i guess.

Link plz, i looked but couldn't find "crysis, warhead ready" but that would only play crysis on low settings.. which makes the game not as fun.

lol a crysis ready comp for 699.... AHAHAHAHA i remember when crysis came out and you had to spend about 400 to 500 to get a gpu to play it

Or wait for the Ati 4670 to be released which will most likely be about the same or just a little under the 9600GSO price wise. While benchmarks have shown that it does indeed outperform the 9600GSO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom