The hideous pitfalls of the X800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you read my list a couple of posts back beedubaya?? i suggested a couple of things that might have been able to help.

And yes 3dmark03 IS a directx 9 thigny so that makes it even more weird. maybe there are only PARTS of your card that are faulty?? Something that games use but 3dmark03 wouldnt...
Is there any chance of you getting a replacement card from where u got it? Cause i woudl say thats the best bet here because there is something not quite right

Although if you ahvent done a fresh install yet with your new card i would try that.

yep, that must be something quit wrong with ur x800. although the driver for x800 is not quite good at the moment, but i believe it can reach something more than 30 fps in Far Cry at 1024x768 resolution with full quality enabled. also it's what i called impossibilty and nonesense that any previous card can beat x800 in performance and quality. we can see how any fx5700 ultra or 5900 ultra are beaten by 9800 pro or 9800xt. so anybody still want to say x800 is a crap that beaten by previous card? you're unbelievable.

ATI fan boys.. geez.. I look over this thread and that's all I see. Promises, promises, promises. Better drivers that never come. You fan boys are pathetic.

Giancarlo said:
ATI fan boys.. geez.. I look over this thread and that's all I see. Promises, promises, promises. Better drivers that never come. You fan boys are pathetic.

I dare you to find a post in this thread where any "ATI fanboy" promises that a new driver will fix this problem.

His X800 is obviously messed up in some way.

Here's an idea, lets take a X800xt and a 5700, break the X800XT in half and see if ATI's card that is 2 gens ahead can keep up the extreme power of the 5700, because well all know for a fact that new technology sucks compared to 5 year old technology. Heck what am i thinking, we should bust out that good old TNT2 and see if the BROKEN X800xt can keep up.

I am not an ATI fanboy, but don't bag on an entire company based off of one bad card. And i do agree that the 6800 series is better, but there is nothing wrong with the X800 series.

wow u guys are mean, you bashing Giancarlo's inteligence.

thats like hitting a cripple.

look at his sig, he points out he is gay, u cant be so harsh about his comment wen he has such a mental impairment. ;)

Just out of curiosity...does anyone know the exact release dates for the x800 and the 6800?

It was my understanding that the x800 is a tad older than the 6800...

Giancarlo said:

hey man, i've been using nVidia cards start from the really old Riva 128. so you really can't say an ATI fan boy. this is what we called fact. yeah maybe that 6800 Ultra seems to beat x800XT but it's nothing wrong with x800XT. it performs very well and seems mostly beating all other geforce series (fx5500,fx5700,fx5950) anf of course ati radeon 9700 pro or 9800 pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom