Motherboard headache, which to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope. xigmatek s1283. no need to water cool when your voltage is that low and my temps barely break 55*C under stress testing. not counting the intel burn-in test...that thing is scary (ie 80-90*C scary).
yes i checked and i am using 0803.
if you decide to go quad, the 9550 has a half-multi up on the 9450 and costs like 10 bucks more. i didn't wait quite long enough for the price cut ...seriously...i missed it by like 3 weeks.

ok ill look into that, i originally decided with the Dual 8500 because of the apparent ease with getting it over 4 gig. Just articles i have read. I myself have always struggled getting anywhere past 3.6 with the past two dual core cpus i have had including the one i have now.

I have almost decided on the following subject to any last minute criticism :p

CPU: E8600
MOBO: Asus P5Q Deluxe
RAM: Corsair DDR2 1066 Dominator 2 x 2GB
GPU: This was clear cut a day ago to be nvidia, but im possibly coming round to the idea of the 4870X2, just really worried about the supporting drivers and the lack of any aftermarket air cooling at all.......

4870x2 is a bad *** card...stock cooling is good enough for it. soon there will be some better coolers.
do a little research on the ram (google) and make sure there are no reported problems with the dominators and that mobo. they are "supposedly" picky with the ram. right now i have my reapers running 1125mhz with no problems. stock timings (5-5-5-15 2T), though.

yeah sli is pretty much a waste atm anyway. two overpriced cards dont even perform as good as one single overpriced card which is still cheaper xD. just stick with ur 4gb ddr2 4870x2 and a p5q or biostar i45 motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom