400$ upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a litle more over priced but you have to realise that is a retail store, conpareble to best buy, well there owned by the same company. where ever they build a future shop they build a best buy right next dor i never understand that concept. anyway, id wrather just go buy it in store, i may be able to rpice match it tho not sure. alltho im an nvidia fan to lol. will i noticed a speed diferece from th 8800gts to the gtx260? in games like crysis, cod4, ut3, also warhammmer online slaughers my gpu maxed out i get 20/40 fps, its bad, and ic ant sell my 8800gts my dad is buying my bros a prebuilt for 200$ with an e2180 and 2gb of ram in it, so im giving thme a psu and my gpu so they can get into pc gaming. and not be so attavhed to there darn 360.

cod4 and ut3...really? i get upwards of 90fps with both of those maxed out with 2-4AA and high AF...till i run through smoke lol.
i had a gtx280 that i was testing in my rig for another rig i was building and to be perfectly honest...i couldn't tell a difference at all. a definite framerate increase over my g92, but nothing heart-stopping.
i dont play crysis, so i dont know if it would help in that game.

well its fien in ut 3 and co4 but it still strugles in obliviom all maxed and 8 x aa with hdr, im only at 1280x1024 and for a 3 year old game it shouldnt be strugling. red alert 3 beta it strugled a litle to. i think im just expecting to much out of it. but ya i wana get into warhammer online and in public quests getting 20fps isnt to good. and i get something similar in rvr. my biggest worry tho is the card has toruble with oblivion and there is supose to be more pixels in the menu of fall out 3 then there is in any seen of oblivion. also i want to be ready for farcry 2 and crysis warhead.

there is supose to be more pixels in the menu of fall out 3 then there is in any seen of oblivion. also i want to be ready for farcry 2 and crysis warhead.

You know even the newer generations of cards that will come out. Like maybe the Ati 5870 will probably still have a hard time with warhead.

By the way I know how you feel. Its a pain when computer illiterate people look at price tag only. My parents tend to be the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom