My computer won't start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

phufool

Beta member
Yesterday I shut down my computer before I slept and today when I tried starting it up the computer wouldn't start up... the power button lights up but nothing loads... the screen just stays blank and the light that shows the comp is busy stays on forever. I have kept my computer on for several days/weeks without shutting it off and when I checked the air vents it was all dusty and stuff so I cleaned it but that didn't help solve the problem. Did something in my computer get messed up cause I left the computer on too long or is there any other reason why my computer isn't loading up anymore? Oh and the keyboard doesn't light up either and... the tower doesn't make the usual noise it does when starting up.

It could be that your motherboard has decided to give up and die. Before we stick to that idea though, try unplugging your monitor and plugging it back in (just in case).

Also I know you dusted, but make sure you remove most if not all of the dust from on and around the motherboard area.

Have you had any other problems like this or has this been a once off?

It could be that your motherboard has decided to give up and die. Before we stick to that idea though, try unplugging your monitor and plugging it back in (just in case).

Also I know you dusted, but make sure you remove most if not all of the dust from on and around the motherboard area.

Have you had any other problems like this or has this been a once off?

First time happening and when you mean clean the dust around the motherboard you mean having to open the tower case right? o.o

Thansk for the reply!

Yes I do mean open the case. Get a can of air and spray it around inside to remove the dust OR very carefully hoover it out. How long have you had your computer for and have you ever removed dust from it before?

hmm about a good 3 years and i have never actually opened the case to remove the dust. ill clean it when i get the chance and post what happens. oh also the monitor seems to be working fine and turns on, unless the plug that connects monitor to the computer is broken, which i dont think is the problem. thanks again!

I had this happen before, unplug the power cord and let the PC sit for a minute or two. Unplug it back in and try booting it up again. Try it a couple of times. If that doesn't work unplug these things: all CD-ROM, hard drive, all PCI cards, and video card (unless you don't have onboard video), and leave one stick of RAM in. Try booting now. If it still doesn't work, then most likely your mobo is shot. Also try resinking the CPU with new thermal grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom