new build, no display. tried everything, bought a diff mobo but still nothing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you using USB keyboard/mouse? if your using ps/2 try a usb keyboard odd i know but its happened before with bad connections from a faulty ps/2 plug from the kb or mouse

using usb mouse and key board. they dont light up at all for some weird reason. mouse just lights once when i hit the power button, but thats it. keyboard doesnt light up at all :(

My G15 doesn't light up until it's loaded Windows so that isn't a reliable source. The only thing I can think of now is there is some power source that isn't working properly. You might need to start testing your PSU.

if your kb and mouse came with a ps/2 adaptor try that with just the kb. anything else should not be connected, just your kb and monitor. also question, your Hard drives are they sata or ide if they are IDE make sure they are on the same ribbon with the master plugged in the top end of the ribbon and the slave drive as the middle check jumper settings also.

i am thinking that it might be the psu, coz what else could it be right?? but how do i perform a check on the PSU?? plz let me know.
i am using SATA hard drives. i dont have the ps/2 adapters, is there any other way of finding out??

thanks a lot for the support guys

You can use a multimeter to check that enough power is flowing through all of the wires.

checked it with the multimeter, and everything seems to be fine. i also took it out of the case and set it up on a non conductive bench, but still nothing :(
any more suggestions
thanks

The only thing I can think of now is that you received a dead CPU. I know it's extremely rare but it does happen. Try changing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom