new build, no display. tried everything, bought a diff mobo but still nothing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
hey guys. i bought my computer about 12 days ago and i built it. it wouldnt display anything. i got everyone's opinion and tried everything. but still there was no display. everything would turn on in the tower but no display on the monitor. so i asked my friends and everyone had diff answers so i tried them all. used different video card, RMA'd my mobo and got a different, used different RAM. but there is no display at all. i am very stresst out, i dont know what to do. could you guys suggest some things to me. the wierd part is that there is no beep at all.
it never beeps. i have tried everything that i could find on this forum and the internet, but i am not succeding at all :(

plz guys help me.

my specs
Q6600
Asus P5Q Pro
Ocz 2x1gb
corsair 520hx
antec 900
Evga 7900 gs (i've had this for a while)

plz guys help me out.

Have you checked your BIOS to see if there is a option to turn off the onboard video? Some mobo's require that to use dedicated video cards.

I don't believe the P5Q has onboard video.

If you tried switching RAM, have you tried only 1 stick. Change the stick to each of the slots if it doesn't pass the POST. Then try another stick in each slot again.

Have you checked the motherboards CPU socket for bent pins?

well i tried a different mobo before and the same thing happened so i dont know if that is the prob.
the worst part is that i didnt know antec 900 didnt have built in case speakers for the beeps :(

check the power plugs on the MB, theres usually 2 one large normal one then a small 4 pin square one. make sure both are connected.

they are both connected. as far as i know, i have connected everything properly. i have been taking it apart and putting it back together since the past couple of days but no luck :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom