dualies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not shur y, that just how it is right know...

perhaps there is something about the 754 socket cpu that doesnt allow it to be used in Duel.

or maybe the pin design for the 754 is inferior to the point were duel channel would show no performance increase, so mobo manufactures didn't bother to add the feature.
-------------------------------------------------------------
thats what i would guess, those guesses might not be correct... were u would find the exact info your looking for though, i have no clue.

the integrated memory controller in the S754 CPU just doesn't support Dual Channel

If a mobo company made a seperate memory controller on the MOBO itself then you could run dual channel but as far as i know none have and even if they did it would still be slower than just having the processor do it.

ahha, k thanks so much for helpin me out with what i wanted...no offence kol, you tried but it just wasn't what i was lookin for.

compy said:
not really bro...you left out the socket A and said only 939 and 940 can run it...

reason i left socket A out of it is because it doesn't support 64-bit . . .

also, i just figured it out . . . there are only 754 pins on s754, so it doesnt have enough pins to support dual channel . . .

Koldapu is correct. The Athlon 64 chips features a technology known as HyperTransport, a memory controller built right inside the cpu itself... two for dual channel. (Athlon 64 relys on this, not the FSB anymore like the old Athlon XP)

Because of the lack of pins, the s754 chips can only use one memory controller at a time, while the others (939, 940) can use two, enabling dual channel.

k, so dual can still be ran with socket A and every thing just not 754...all i needed to know...

Yeah, the Socket A chip doesn't have it built in,... it's on the motherboard that has dual channel support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom