dualies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
k...let me clear this up...dual chanel does not depend on the cpu...it is the mobo...it shouldn't matter what kind of cpu you get...

ok, you know what?! why dont you go get a s754 cpu and mobo and try running dual channel . . .

then you'll be kicking yourself for not gettin s939

DUDE I ALREADY SAID I'M NOT GETING THE DAM 754!!!!!!!!!!!!!! listen, you are making this way way way more complicated then it should be...all i freakin want to know is if dual chanel will run on other sockets BESIDES the damn 939!!!!it's not so hard!!!!! does it freakin work or not!!!!!

i said a half hour ago!! look higher on the thread! only 939 and 940 support dual channel, and 940 requires registered ram!

why are you asking all of these questions if you know that youre not getting the 754?!

because you guys told me it would only work on a 939 and a 940 socket but it shouldn't be that way...it should only depent on what kind of mobo you get...weather it can suport dual chanel or not...and you know what i'm just gonna look it up my self because you can't answer the question i'm trying to ask...thanks for tryin to help though.

listen...this is what i found out...you can run dual channel on any cpu just as long as the mobo supports dual channel. i think where you are getting confuses is that the cpu helps with the performance of the dual chanel...it gives it a little bit more of a boost compared to a socket A or 754. P4 are more ideal to using dual channel ram because they get the most performance boost by the design of their architecture.

i think this will clear some up...
first...

socket A = Athlon xp supporting Duel channel

socket 754 = Athlon 64 single channel

socket 939 = Athlon 64 suporting Duel channel

socket 940 = Opteron/FX supporting Duel channel
----------------------------------------------------------------------
socket 754 is the only cpu that cannot support duel channel.

but once the cpu can support duel channel(such as socket 939) then its up to the mobo manufacture if thy wont to add that support to there motherbourd.

THANK YOU!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!! that was exactly what i was tryin to get at...so the 754 doesn't run dual...why not? i thought it was the mobo that ran the dual. unless 754 mobo's don't have dual channel DIMMS.

not really bro...you left out the socket A and said only 939 and 940 can run it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom