External Hard Drive Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmcomputernerd

Beta member
I almost lost everything I had on my computer today, thankfully I was able to get everything working again and didnt have to reload windows. This scared me enough that I went up and bought be and external hard drive to back up everything onto movies, music pictures, etc. Well I plugged it in to my laptop and everything fine there. It installed it self and everything was fine. I tried to hook it up to my desktop as well but nothing happens. I go under my computer where it showed the drive on the laptop but does not show on desktop. I went through the install new hardware wizard and it said that the drive was installed on the desktop and working properly. However I cant find or do anything with it. I bought a 160G Maxtor Mini. Please help. I cant get on here to often so please email me at allenmccoy@att.net as well if there is something you feel may help I can get email all the time on my phone.

Go to Start > right click My Computer (or Computer in Vista) > Manage... > Click 'DIsk Management' and let us know if your drive shows up in that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom