Help with choosing mobo. And a monitor. Pleeease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JouerPC

Beta member
Hi all! I came upon this forum when I needed help with upgrading my current single core Athlon 64 system... yeah.

Anyways, I'm settled on getting a Q6600 and I just saw a good deal on a BFG GTX 280 (I was guided by a friend with an 8800 GT, but then saw your forums and found the ATi's, but saw a good deal on that 280 for $384).

However, I need a good mobo now, as my friend guided me also to an MSI and they don't seem to pop up with what you guys were recommending. So I want a nice mobo, maybe around $200 or $250 max that have some good features. I was thinking of doing SLI, but I really have no need for it and I rather have a dual monitor setup instead. So thus, I don't necessarily need a mobo with SLI capabilities.

Further, what would you guys recommend for a monitor? I was looking at the Samsung Touch of Color T220 22". But here's the dilemma with this. Since I want a dual setup, I was thinking of buying another lcd, maybe a cheaper 22". But I have a 19" Princeton lcd... so is that still usable or should I just junk it?

Lastly, PSU. Go with 750? Or is that overkill?

This computer will be doing possible tons of Photoshop CS3 work with light to moderate gaming and some 3D graphic rendering (Solid Works). I hated how I had a ****ty monitor for photo editing and waiting 5 to 10 minutes of model rendering when I built a simple component for an engineering project.

Im currently torn between two MB :
Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards and
Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

I have heard alot of people praising the P5Q and I am thinking on getting that but for some reason my mind keeps telling me the P5N-D is better.

Also, I was planning on getting that same cpu (the q6600) but after looking at some reviews.. I think im going to go with the e8500 which is optimal for gaming.

The only thing I was wondering is.. if a MB supports ddr2 1200 say, can you still use ddr2 800 ram?

That LCD is awesome.. I have it
get the gtx 280, that's a good price
a 750w is not overkill, get a 750w corsair
as for the motherboard, i recommend a p5q, whether it is pro/deluxe or w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom