flash Drive Causes Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenvoid01

In Runtime
Hello all I recently used this flash I got to save a paper I have been working on. I was using my laptop at the time so when I use my laptop to try and access what I had saved on my flash drive, my computer crashes (blue screen of Death). What causes this and can it be reversed? Thanx all

Hello,

Several questions. What operating system are you using? Also, have to tested your flash drive on another computer? Have you tested a different flash drive on your laptop? Is there any useful information given by the blue screen?

I have Windows XP, the flash drive can be accessed just fine on any other computer I have a dell latitude 610 and an attache optima 2.0 2gb drive. I remember the screen saying that it was a fatal subsystem error. The computer would slow down dramatically after insertion of the drive before crashing.

Boot in safemode and do a system restore to a previous saved point earlier in the day/week before this started happening.

I tried a system restore but for some reason there were no restore points because I haven't used it all summer I suppose. But I have not updated my chipset drivers which I believe I can do through the device monitor

Best to get them from the PC manufacturer;s website. Better chance of getting the ones you need then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom