Bad monitor? defective? (URGENT HELP NEEDED, before I RMA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
So guys, I just got a brand new LG monitor, and I see horizontal likes moving up constantly, every single second.

Frequency was at 50 and moved it to 75, I was advised not to put it at highest cause It could damage it, so is this defective? or how can I fix this?

Sounds defective to me. Grand new and the frq can't go any higher? Wah...?

Get your refresh rate where you want it and your display settings how you want it. Check to ensure that they are within the specs of reliability (check manual) for your monitor, and if you are STILL having issues, replace the monitor.

From what i've read, new monitors will not display refresh rates (hertz) that they cannot support and that may damage them, 75 generally is a good number but obviously the higher the better.

Honestly the only time you should be seeing distortion, lines, or hearing a high pitch sound is if you go too high in refresh rate or resolution. Sounds like you are having these issues at low settings - which means you have a bad monitor or video card.

75H is the best refresh rate that monitor can go and support. Says right in the specs on the new egg link. ;)

Sounds like it could be defective. Got the native resolution running right? Correct drivers?

Seems like it was the graphics card?

I was using it with a OLD 5 YEARS OLD 128 mb ati graphics card. I believe 9200SE

So could that had been the problem? (cause I am using a 258mb graphics now, and it seems fix) I usually use high end graphics but I just sold my computer so ......

So, can the one week ill be using the bad graphics actually damage my monitor? I guess thats what I really want to know now.

Bumps, guys I need to know if I should rma this back.

So it looks like it was the graphics card, If I keep using that 128mb video card, will it damage my monitor?

Yes you could damage the monitor if you continue to use the card that sent the lines up it.

dang, know how often I can use it? or is just bad to use it at all?

Stupid 128mb card.

Who knows? I cant tell you cause i wouldnt use it at all. But prolonged use can possibly do permant damage. Not a single person here can answer that question unless they have done that themsleves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom