Is this a good starter watercooling kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^i think he meant direct to the barbs and to the right ones for his kit (im not sure if u did in that link, but i do not think you did lol)

aspire, there is still a lot of foam in my loop ( u can see it when it is not on) Should I still leave my T line open? any suggestions with that? thanks! sry, I didnt realize you already provided a link :) Would this work ok? Petra's Tech Shop

What are you using as coolant?

What pump are you using?

I'll need to check and make sure but your basically looking for fittings with the same thread the mcr uses.

Did you rinse all your parts before assembly?

Pure distilled water will not foam the way yours is. You must not have rinsed and cleaned all your parts, or you added something else to the loop.

I have the G11 additive in it. when I pour it in the bottle, it bubbles... I really think its the additive. >< didnt rinse stuff before assembly, just blew out the pump and cpu block with compressed air.

You need to take apart the loop, and clean out your radiator with boiling water to get rid of manufacturing residues.

This is what's causing the foam. For the G11 additive are you premixing the coolant 1-10 ratio of coolant to water, or just pouring it into the loop?

First way is right, second way is wrong.

I pre mixed it. When I order those 90 degree barbs I will probably end up cleaning everything out. My temps have been getting better every day though... first day was 38c idle now im down to 36c. So boil some distilled water and pour it into the radiator? Maybe shake it around? Ill do that when I end up draining all this. Foam is getting less and less every day. Its more bubbly that foamy.... Ill try to take a good pic of it when my pc is off. When I got the kit I was expecting my temps to drop 10c (I know that wouldnt happen). What I like is that before when I would minimize a game, I would be at 50c; now im at 41c when I minimize, then within seconds I will drop down to 38c. that is what watercooling is supposed to do :D. thanks for all the help so far aspire :D
*UPDATE* Im not damaging my system by not cleaning it out... am I? Will I be ok for about 3-4 more months? Thanks again aspire
*UPDATE2* I keep adding a little more coolant, let my pc run then repeat. It slowly goes down to the bottom of the t line (my t line is very small lol) so I figure it is replacing the space of bubbles and such, so I think this is good. Ill keep doing this until it doesnt go down any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom