dualies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

compy

Daemon Poster
k, people are tellin me that if i want to run dual chanel i HAVE to get a 939 socket cpu...i thought this was only the mobo's task...where does the cpu take place in this part. why can't a 754 socket or a socket A run dualies? help?:mad:

I THOUGHT SO!!!! why in the hell were the tellin me to get a socket 939!!!! well i think i'm still gonna get the socket 939 just because the 754 is old school...then what's the diff between the two then? perfromance wise...

but Socket A does not support athlon 64 . . . only 754, 939, and 940 . . . and out of those 3, only 939 and 940 support dual channel

well what the hell do you mean support...why would the cpu have to suport...isn't it the mobo that suports it? what does the cpu have anything to do with it?

here . . .

this is the future of amd :
940 will be for servers (opteron)
939 will be amds main socket, as it will support amd64 with ddr(2) and pci express (in the future)
754 is going to be for the sempron

so be my guest if you want a s754, but you'll see yourself wanting to upgrade in less than a year

no, i know all of that, answer my question...why did you guys tell me only a 939 socket can run dual chanel...i'm still geting the 939 already...but why did you say it can only run dual chanel?????

it can run single channel, too, if thats what youre asking . . .

but if youre asking whether 939 is the only one that runs dual channel . . . 940 also runs DC, but it required registered, more expensive, ram

i've heard a lot of stuff of how the dual channel interfaces on athlon64s are on the cpu chip itself or something and these are only on the 939s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom