Need advice on my new build

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean would i see faster speeds for everything else in general on the q6600 the e8500?

I am trying to get the fastest cpu for a good price. Would the q6600 be better all around or would the e8500 in your opinion still be better. I would just imagine that the quad core would run better than the dual core. Any thoughts?

It all depends what you plan on doing with them for terms "run better" If you plan on having 15 programs open and multi-tasking a lot than the 6600 will be better no doubt, but if you were only to have a couple programs open, than the e8500 would run faster IMO.. granted you can overclock the **** out of the 8500.

I really do not know how to over-clock and if I were to do it I am afraid Ill mess up and fry my cpu or other hardware components. Is it easy to oc? Also, with the e8500 I can still use the same mobo that I was going to get (Mobo- Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards) or also the one you suggested the p5q pro. I was really having a hard time with mb's and cpus :/

I was talking about the memory, If DDR2 800 would be compatable and recommended for a mobo that has a memory standard of DDR2 1200 or vice versa?

When a motherboard says ddr2 1200 that is the maximize memory it can use.. Examples.. If you were to put ddr2 1600 in there, than it would scale down to ddr2 1200, but if you put ddr2 800 in there, than it will use the ddr2800. make sense?

Also, I have a older Thermaltake Full Tower... Xaser III - V1000D . But I was wondering if I should get a new case for this new hardware. Will the newer hardware produce more heat, e.g. require better case or is this case sufficent? Also, if this case isnt good is there another that you would recommend? Thanks

When a motherboard says ddr2 1200 that is the maximize memory it can use.. Examples.. If you were to put ddr2 1600 in there, than it would scale down to ddr2 1200, but if you put ddr2 800 in there, than it will use the ddr2800. make sense?

Yea it does now, thanks for clearing that up, I just didnt want to get memory and go to install it and it not fit or recognize it, then I would be a little anger.lol. Anyways, Which speed of memory is the recommend currently.. The DDR2 800? Or the Mem that I choose in the build? Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom