Clock is slow, keeps loosing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something I noticed. I am going to double check this. But I have had my computer off for 10 and a half hours. Just booted a few minutes ago. I reset the clock about ten minutes before I shut everything down. I have lost about a minute and a half. Now I am going to check but I believe when I have the computer on for ten hours straight I loose a lot more time then that. So can it still be the battery? I also wondered if the BIOS needed to be updated. I don't want to do that but I believe if I mess it up there is a jumper setting on the motherboard that sets everything back to normal. I know there is one for the password. I don't like writing down passwords and I forgot the one I used for CMOS. So I looked on the board and it is plainly marked, password. LOL, doesn't get any easier then that. I am going for the simpler solutions first but I will eventually update my BIOS anyways.

Webwolf

Nope. Whether it is on or off I am loosing the same amount of time. I will replace the battery. Sounds like that is the problem.

Webwolf

The power consumption on those CMOS batteries is very low, but it is also possible that you either got a faulty battery, a faulty mobo CMOS socket, or the battery was damaged somehow (possibly prematurely discharged during handling).

Yer good. Replacement should fix this prob. If not, seek mobo help.

Thanks everyone. I hope it is just the battery. I have an extended warrenty but I would hate to have to send the computer back. I am getting things just the way I want them.

Webwolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom