Need help with video card-

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhavik86

Solid State Member
Hi,

Im not a very technical with computers but i need to upgrade my video card and need some assistant.

Here are my specs:

Mobo: asus k8n-e duluxe
AGP 8x Slot (I know they are almost gone but i dont have the funds to make a new computer atm)
Power Supply: Its either a 350w or 300w I forgot lol
Memory: 2.5gb of ram

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated....i really don't wanna spend over 150 bucks, if possible.

Also I've heard some video cards have problems with via chips? I think my mobo has that but im not quite sure.

Here is a link on the specs for my mobo: PC Perspective - Asus K8N-E Deluxe Socket 754 Motherboard

I would love to get some help! Thanks

Bhavik Gandhi

oh i currently have a g-force 6600 gt.......its only 128memory though sooo yaa... I'm trying to run warhammer online on it, which isnt going to well haha.

The issues between ATI cards and VIA chips should be long resolved. Today's drivers are a lot better than they were way back when.

ok so the chipset issue has been resolved i guess and my last question is do i need a new power supply box? or do you think i can handle it with my current one? And also I'm using SD DDR RAM will that be an isssue?

The ram shouldn't be the issue. As for the PSU, look up how much the graphics card needs and then look how many amps can run off the 12V rails - that'll determine if you can run it. But since I don't know the answer, I'll let someone else solve it for you.

you can get an antec earthwatt 380w and that would run it fine.. my guess is if you have a 300w don't push your luck, but if you got a 350 and it's a good brand i'd use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom