about that time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
thinking about selling my gts and getting a 4850. worth it? improvements from my current card? pros? cons? yes, guru...i LOVE heavy AA :p...
should i get 512mb or the 1gb version...(i have a 24" monitor)? questions questions...
or should i maybe wait until 4870's drop in price (next year? lol). dont want to wait so long i have to give my gts away.
i can likely get over 100 (hopefully WELL over, but i dont think so) for it on fleabay now...

What games do you all play? I have a 3870 and it handles everything out there. I mean do you really need a new card? I mean if you just want to score better on 3D mark i think it would be pointless to upgrade.

nah, i just like new stuff...i never really need any of the things i buy (just ask my wife lol).
i mainly play WiC, COD4, BF2, and some older stuff. would like to try AoC. in WiC, my card gets somewhat bogged down with the AA and all settings cranked.
the main reasons i am thinking of doing this are:
a) i have an nvidia card, and a p45 mobo...so, i dont want to keep this card forever and not be able to run SLI.
b) i want to run crossfire eventually lol
c) like i was sayin...i can sell the card and get maybe 60-70% of the cost of a new (more powerful?) card that i will be able to run in crossfire a year down the road. if i dont buy another newer one by then hah aha.

Hmmz... With AoC i'd recommend a 4870 :D but if you don't want to dish outt he dough I can see that. but for reallyz, get the 4870!

I'd say get it, if you can sell that for 100-125 i'd say thats a good deal, put up another 50-70 and get the 4850.

There's really no point to keep that p45 and a nvidia card. Get rid of it while you can.

^^thats what im sayin^^.
you guys think the 512mb is kosher?
they have a palit one that is on backorder for 154.00 free shipping, but their warranty is shady.
i kinda dig this MSI...but it costs about 175 after shipping:
Newegg.com - MSI R4850-512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
its pretty sick, tho.
also have this sapphire that is 150 with free shippin. has aftermarket cooler, not as good as the msi, but better than stock:
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100245L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

probably will go with the sapphire, MSI doesnt include a crossfire bridge, which i think is kinda bullsh**.
any other thoughts? debates? questions? comments?

These cards were like 130-140 AR a few weeks ago so maybe the next newsletter might have a coupon and some more rebates.

If you really wanna be a high roller, the 4870 was an amazing card, and it ran pretty cool once i set the fan speed to 25%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom