AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what you're getting it for. Gaming or browsing. I would def. choose the intel over amd just for intel having a better rep. with gaming performance.

Depends on what you're getting it for. Gaming or browsing. I would def. choose the intel over amd just for intel having a better rep. with gaming performance.

skater there was like a 7 page long discussion about AMD vs Intel. Don't open old wounds lol.

There is no way you can be serious to say AMD is good only for browsing. It performs well in games too, just so happens that the Yorkfields are like unleashed pit bulls.

Even though intel is better than AMD does not make AMD a bad processor... Understood? good... Intel just performs better.. And If someone feels they want an upgrade right NOW amd is actually a good choice due to the fact they can buy an inexpensive am2+ mb and ddr2 room, and NOT have to worry about having to rebuy the mb/ram... Which in intels case you will HAVE to if you plan on running i7, We all know nahalem is going to be better than denab, but for those whom don't like to spend mad cash on computers, amd is a good way to go, plain and simple.

AMD is marketed to the average people amongst us. While Intel is for the deranged lunatics. It only makes sense that the fan boys take after their favorite companies.

Even though intel is better than AMD does not make AMD a bad processor... Understood? good... Intel just performs better.. And If someone feels they want an upgrade right NOW amd is actually a good choice due to the fact they can buy an inexpensive am2+ mb and ddr2 room, and NOT have to worry about having to rebuy the mb/ram... Which in intels case you will HAVE to if you plan on running i7, We all know nahalem is going to be better than denab, but for those whom don't like to spend mad cash on computers, amd is a good way to go, plain and simple.

I never said they were bad. I simply said right now unless you are upgrading an AM2 based system there isn't much of a reason to go amd. Unless of course you are a fanboy who wouldn't buy Intel anyway.

None of you can call me a fanboy for the simple fact that ,(with the exception of apok) I have probably built more AMD systems then you have built systems period. I am speaking for the facts not some blind faith in a company I believe is perfect. I really don't care what you think of me or any other Intel user but dont go recommending sup par stuff to new users.

AMD is marketed to the average people amongst us. While Intel is for the deranged lunatics.

That is a statement only a fanboy could make.

Phenom's are cheaper than C2Q's, and are using a socket that's more future proof.

I hear a lot of talk about future proof this, future proof that. You know what, there is a fair chance that Deneb wont out run Yorkfield. if that proves to be true then s775 will be great for budget builders. And then you wont have any ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom