GTX 260 or 4870?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtumble2

In Runtime
I'm gonna return my 9800gtx+ for $200 from newegg. I'm really displeased with the performance. Seriously, I can't tell the difference from that and my old 9600gt OC.

I'm really inbetween these two cards. After the rebate, I can get an EVGA Gtx 260 for $240 after a $40 rebate, and it includes Crysis, which I was gonna buy anyhow.

Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1260-AR GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

How much better is the 4870 over the 260? Is it really a noticable difference and what are the major pros/cons of them both?

I'd get the 4870. It's a much faster card when you use heavy AA and AF. People love to overlook this for some reason.

and physx is just as much of a joke as it was when Ageia released their physx card. something else people love to overlook...

the nvidia cards do fold very, very well...but with power bills today I am not able to fold any more. My computer uses over 400 watts fully loaded and even though I don't pay the power bills I won't run up the elec. meter in good conscience for my parents to pay.

They are already paying over 10K GBP per year for my education.

Well if you can wait just a tiny bit longer for the new updated GTX 260, the prices of current GTX 260s may drop.

Cool thanks everyone. Gosh I still dont know..ugh the 200 has physics which is probably only good for crysis, AA is better on ati, ati has lower memory but ddr5, less clock that 260 but better overclocking, is the best overall option right now an ati card? But i have onboard nvidia so will there be a potential problem there?

thanks

No.. there would be no issues with that, and crysis will run better on nvidia, so if you plan on spending your life on that game, get the nvidia. If you want an all aroudn good card, this is how cards go for ranking 4870x2>gtx280~4870>gtx260

Ok. Thanks a ton man I really do appreciate it. I'm gonna go with the 260 because it comes with crysis free.

Thanks a ton, now I can be humble cuz my card is worse. lawl thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom