PSU Question, On my mind for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Herrooo...

Okay, if i buy a Corsair 1000w PSU, and my parts only use about 600w, does the PSU still use the full 1000w, or does it just mean that its max output is 1000w.

Im just wondering because a 750TX will do me, but i want to go with the 1000w for comfort, i just dont want to be spending more on electricity.

go for the 1000 if you got the money, as far as I know it will no increase your electricity bills. but might increase your budget bills

yep, any psu will only use what your system requires, but how efficient that is done depends on ur psu. 1000w is not necessary a 750tx will run anything your throw at it, just make sure it has the right connectors. a decent 1000w will set u back way too much..

unless you are going quad CF 4870x2 or something there's no reason to get a 1000 watt PSU.

And yes that's only max output. I have a 750W PSU but at idle I use about 98 watts

For the majority of us, 650-750 will be more then enough, I would have gotten a 750TX or a Xigmatek 750w if the ST1000 wasn't given to me for a great price.

Sweet, thanks everyone. I Still think im going to need 1000w, and even if i dont im gonna get one so way in the future if i build another main rig i can re-use.

I wanna go for Quad Crossfire or Sli with a Nehalem. Thats why.

lol, everyone "wants" to get 2x4870x2's, but you just don't need them. I guess in the future you might, but right now I don't see a real need for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom