dual channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are both seprate yes...i thought the same thing that ddr was dual chanel BUT the dual chanel feature is associated with the mobo that you pick, you just have to make sure you get a pair of what ever ram to put in it.

Yea I was just used to seeing "DDR Dual Channel Memory" and never gave it any though that Dual Channel doesnt exactly mean the memory is DDR.

yeah exactly...maybe where you got confused is they called it dual chanel because there was a quantity of 2 sticks that came with it instead of just one so you could use it as dual chanel instead of have to by 2 of the same stick they just bundeled it togeather...help any:confused:? and do you have any more quesitions?

k cool so the ram i picked out works in dual channel thas tight but how come some of the memory things u can buy specifically say dual channel on it and some dont even though they can run in dual?

it's just a marketing thing...they say on some dual packs that they can because you are bying 2 instead of one and other just don't say because it's not part of the ram...just one of those things to make people bye there ram and not the other even though you can do the same thing with em...wierd, yes but now you know...didn't that answer your question?

Dual channel comes in 2 sticks and they are the both the same kind of ram chips and dual channel expands the data flow bigger

Musjunk22 said:
That Memory u got is a dual channel kit! A dual channel kit includes 2 modules of the same size. Also with ur mobo u can have a 1gb stick in each slot for a total of 2gb on each channel and 4gb all together.

yea i kinda figured that from the previous 2 posts that said it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom