8600gts clicking sound...not fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to get the receipt to RMA it. If you can't RMA this card, then try your capacitor idea (I can't give advice, but I remember reading some stuff about capacitor switching on XS), And if you fail, or if it doesn't work.... you can get an 8800gs for $62 AMIR from time to time..Maybe better, just have him look around for deals :(

Any luck on this buddy?

Sam

nothing yet, before I start pulling parts I'm going to see if I can get EVGA to take it back. Registered the card....no receipt....going to wait a couple of weeks before calling it in. lol, don't know if it will make a difference but didn't want to register tuesday and then call in thursday for a claim.

they will let you RMA without a reciept. just email tech support/RMA staff. tell them the deal, they are very good about RMAing their products if they are defective IN ANY WAY.

I'm hoping...and considering I go through a lot of product I'd think they'd like to keep me happy on a $30ish card. We shall see, I'll get back with the result.

Part of me wants them to refuse so I can start ripping it apart to try and fix it myself :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom