Please scrutinize and suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're an occasional gamer, you can get a reasonable graphics card that's better than your motherboard's graphics for about $40 after mail in rebate - like the 2600PRO:

Newegg.com - MSI RX2600Pro-T2D256EZ/D2 Radeon HD 2600PRO 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready Silent Heatpipe Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Depending on your use, you can get away with 2GB of RAM instead of 4GB, and you can also get away with a good 430W PSU rather than the 550W PSU. Otherwise, it's a nice build in my opinion.

You have no video card... that board has no onboard, so try to find a dedicated card

you could switch over to AMD, and get an onboard graphics like the hd3200/hd3300.. i'm using the 3300 and it's actually better than expected. Nothing amazing, but it get's me by on eq2, and css with ease.

Thanks for the help I've added a gpu and changed the mem.

Gpu- Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N751-TR GeForce 8600 GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Mem.- Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

More opinions and susggestion please will be ordering this week
Builds comming in at around $425+sh
Thanks

Redmo0n, doesn't that card offload some of it's processing power to the RAM? I suggested the MSI version of this same card above, which is still in stock for now and has the same on-card memory.

Yeh but since hes probably gonna get 2gig and the computer is just for his wife, i doubt they will be needing the full 2 gig.

Go for the MSI verison though, i admit that i didn't think of that when i posted it :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom