Laptop Not Charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparksN8

Baseband Member
Well i have an Acer Travelmate 5320, i've had a few minor problems with it before, one being that the battery level came down from 2hrs to when i first bought it to now at only 10 mins

It was in another post i made on the forums and i was told to buy a new battery

Now i have a bigger problem, i plug my charger in my laptop and the light doesnt come on meaning that its not charging

Im not sure why its doing this as it was working earlier, i tried to leave it for hours and it still doesn't work

The charger im sure is working as the indicator light on the charger is lit, im not sure whats wrong

If its the battery then i can buy a new one but i just want to make sure that it is before i go ahead and waste my money

Can you possibly give more than 20 minutes before you respond? Not everyone is reading your topic or has the answer. It will take TIME to respond and get a bunch of answers. Plus it is common curtosity to wait 24 hours before you reply to your thread if no one else does. Not 20 minutes.

I would say that the jack that plugs into the mother board is dead. No matter if you buy a new battery or not the charge jack is gone and must be sent in for repair.

Send it back to the manufacturer. If that is the problem. I am jsut taking a shot in the dark.

If its the battery then i can buy a new one but i just want to make sure that it is before i go ahead and waste my money

Buying a new battery is only a waste of money if do not intend getting your laptop repaired. If a new battery solves the problem then you save repair and shipping costs. I don't see a problem with having both a new battery and one that's still usable but nearing it's useful life.

As long as your laptop works while it's plugged into the ac adapter (even tho it's not charging) then I don't think your jack is broken. That wouldn't make sense. Sounds to me like your battery is just dead and you need a new one. You can get one cheap enough, just go on ebay and search for Acer Travelmate 5320 Battery. Probably under $50 for a generic.

Lithium Ion batteries go bad after 1-2 years (depending on use) that's normal.

As long as your laptop works while it's plugged into the ac adapter (even tho it's not charging) then I don't think your jack is broken. That wouldn't make sense. Sounds to me like your battery is just dead and you need a new one. You can get one cheap enough, just go on ebay and search for Acer Travelmate 5320 Battery. Probably under $50 for a generic.

Lithium Ion batteries go bad after 1-2 years (depending on use) that's normal.

Ditto. Does your laptop turn on with just the power adapter plugged it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom