4 gigs of ram performance boost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, 64 bit seems the same as 32bit for me, ive used both and dont notice any difference, besides that the 64bit (with 4gb ram) loaded into windows very fast. all the bugs on 64bit have been fixed...

really? i dont have any problems with any of my games, and i have probably 30 installed. well, i lie...i think BF1942 doesnt work. tried running it in compatability mode for XP and ME and no dice. which sucks. i got the collection off ebay for like 5 bucks and i havent ever played it.
and i aint usin XP again just so can play it lol.

Odd iTunes works flawlessly for me. Age of Empires 3 is my biggest concern. Most of my games will work after patches or compatibility mode. But AoE3 keeps crashing the video driver, and there is no patch for this. I'm running x64 ultimate.

Ive just updated to a x64 XP, and I havent noticed much in the way of incomptability with games (though Ive not had time to extensively check it), and the 64-bit Crysis is definately much better in performance, everything runs on maxed out specs easily enough.

In my experience the extra RAM is definately worth it, but having used computers with similar specs to mine with the same quantity, but faster speed of RAM, I can say that, for gaming at least, you don't need to spend extra on hugely expensive RAM, as long as you have enough of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom