my new system in about 1 week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowDragon

Baseband Member
this is the parts i am about to order for my new comp, if anyone has any suggestions of alternative parts or thinks i will have a problem with this system please give me suggestions :eek:)

MSI K8N Neo2-G Platinum Wi-Fi Edition (Socket 939) Motherboard,

Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200PT TwinX (2x1GB)
, AMD Athlon FX53 64 bit processor
2x 74gb 10000rpm raptor hard disks,
1x 200gb seagate barracuda 7400 hard disks, Abit ATIRadeon X800 XT PE 256MB DDR3 VIVO TV-Out/DVI graphics card,

hopefully its gonna be, i dont have the parts yet, i been playin doom 3 on my laptop which is very good for a laptop but it has overheating problems

Im gonna assume you have no budget concerns, cause even though these are all VERY VERY nice parts, you could get a system that is only slightly slower for alot less. I mean you could save $125 by going to a 3800+ (socket 939). Do you feel that the FX53 performance is worth $475 more then the Athlon 64 3400+ (socket 754). The top of the line AMD and Intel processors are insanely overpriced in my opinion, for minor performance boosts you have to pay ALOT more.

my total bill for all that was about £2000, not including sound, case, cables etc
processor was a lot more expensive than i hoped but money is no object, i just got a amd64 3400 on my new laptop but i may aswell buy the best that i can get if i can afford it, plus am not paying i'm gettin the money for it, so wether i buy the most expensive or least expensive i'm gettin the exact money for the system

wow...i really wish i had that opption! dude there is absolutly nothing wrong with that set up...what about all the rest? sound cards, speakers, monitor, case...if you have endless money get a watercooled case(specialy made case for water cooling).

can i see exactly what the ram specs are?

monitor is a 20.1 inch tft, thats costing the most out of everything, not sure about sound card yet, and i got the speakers picked out they are about £150, what exactly do you mean by ram specs? what are u lookin for from them? i cant get it now but i will later when i'm not in work :)

k that's cool, i'm lookin into the cas latency and what kind of pc it is. is that 20 inch an lcd? what is the refresh rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom