I45 vs P5Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
i notice that everyone is recommending the biostar over the asus boards.
i know zmatt has one, and he likes it.
but is there any other reason that it is being suggested?
guru (dual) and i (quad) both have pretty massive overclocks on our chips using the P5q boards...anyone got a verifiable result on the biostar?
by any other reason i mean other than the record FSB. which i havent seen anyone even remotely approach yet.
just curious.

It's a sweet board, there's no doubt about that..

but the P5Q Deluxe is a good $30 more expensive.. but I don't know why nobody recommends the P5Q-E hmm...

They are both quite good boards.

and vernong is right, the P5Q-E is an excellent alternative to the P5Q Deluxe.

My reason for going Asus are mainly based on my personal experience with their mobos (Had a P5B, P5K, P5E, now P5Q) and every single board has been outstanding in pretty much every way.

Another reason is the widespread user base...there is QUITE a lot of info on these boards in regards to overclocking and such...even a few modded bioses floating around which are pretty good.

Yet another reason are the very high quality components used on the Asus boards, all japanese made caps and such which are things that might want to be considered when running the board out of spec 24/7.

The Biostar has proven itself with the WR clock and is quite obviously an outstanding board....I guess I have just been so impressed by Asus boards that I can't recommend them enough.

I have been wanting to venture outside of Asus for my Intel setups since I used to have a DFI Ultra-D back in the day on my AMD setup and I loved that board....so one of these days I'll try something new and it may be a biostar or I may go back to DFI.

Til then the Asus it is for me...and at the moment I don't see myself recommending much else since there's a board for every budget in the P5Q series and they all are quite good.

I'm also noticing that Biostar's all have very odd placements for SATA ports/ IDE Ports and even their 24pin/20pin connector...

^Yeah its a good thing I am getting a 1 slot card on my P43 or some of my SATA ports would be blocked :freak:

most good p45 boards seems to max out at about the same overclocks anyway, the asus p5q and biostar I45 boards are both great, the EP45 boards are not bad either. although as guru said asus seem to have great support because they are widespread, and you know they have quality materials. one tyhing i really liked about one of the asus mobo's was the the headers could be plugged into a serpeate header board which then plugged into the headers on the mobo. Its great i loved it.

yeah that is an awesome idea! makes it very easy if you are removing your mobo all the time like a lot of us do. the only thing i question is pcie x 8 in crossfire. but, it doesnt matter at the moment cos i run nvidia :p...that may change here in the near future...crossfire 4850's heh ehe heh.

Since they are both good boards I don't think it makes much difference which one is recommended. I would go with/recommend the Biostar because of the WR but there is no doubt the Asus is also a great board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom