ventrilo and cod4 pings

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukas

Daemon Poster
Hi, when i am playing CoD4 and i speak in ventrilo my ping spikes up to around 600 and if i speak for any longer than 3 seconds i get connection interrupted for like 5-10 seconds, it is important i run ventrilo because i play matches with my CoD4 clan, i was hoping if there was a fix to this?

Or is it simply that my internet cant handle CoD4 and ventrilo. Btw i have 2mb virgin media internet.

My BF2 team uses vent and when we're on bf2 there can be 8-9 of us on and the pings are fine, are you sure this happens all the time or just the once? If you want to try a different vent server I'll pm you details of mine so you can see if it is any different if you really want. As said above are you sure you don't have any large downloads running in the background whilst you're playing?

Ive tried alot of different vents and cod4 servers, and checked if there is downloads hogging my internet but there is none, but thanks your tips, its just really annoying when your playing and you cant tell your team mate were someone is cause you have the chance of getting pinged out and killed..

have you tried scanning your pc for virus or spywares? coz vent and cod 4 are not bandwidth hungry..

Yes, i recently went through Osiris's guide a few weeks ago so my pc shouldnt have spyware on it.. ill go through his guide again soon and see if that works and ill post a hijackthis log in the section.

btw for further isolation...try to ping whichever ip your trying while on vent and playing cod....ping that IP when you are not on vent and not playing COD and if it is still fluctuating something is hogging your bandwidth..

it looks like you an upload saturation.. may i know what is your upload speed? and what kind of headset are you using? is it USB or the standard one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom