Building an epic gaming desktop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're build looks decent, I would change a couple of things, GPU, HDD, MB
GPU: 4870
HDD: WD 640gb se16
MB: Asus P5Q PRO

that screen rocks, i have one, i'd go to a local store and pick it up though. Circuit city, best buy are basically the same price as newegg for lcd's. I bought that screen for $299 w/ $30 MIR from circuit city.

Go with Intel for the cpu, and nvidia for graphics cards. SLI works better, I believe more games are sponsored by nvidia, and until recently they usually always have the best cards. they still have the second and third best, and I look for them to reclaim their crown and have the best card available again.

Thresh you should stop the fanboy stuff. Everyone likes nVidia too but the 4870 is the better choice here. Crossfire is easier to work with. Grab a Intel 45 chipset motherboard instead of the 750i as well.

AMD rig due to the fact I'm a cheap *** and was uneducated at the time of my build. lol. i was under the impression I got "more bang for my buck." Oh well, next time I'll know.

nevertheless...you cant be an intel fanboy with an AMD rig lol. just like i dont qualify as an AMD fanboy anymore (even though in my heart i still am *cry*)

I am a little bit of an AMD fanboy just because I love what mine has done for me to date. it's like anything, there might be better out there, but once you have a good experience with a product, you establish a little bit of a loyalty towards that product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom