AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said it before and I will say it again to your deaf ears. AMD is just as evil as Intel.
It doesn't matter how many times you say it, I've done a lot of research on both companies, and I really don't think they are.
It doesn't matter how Intel came to be the best
To who? maybe not you.
they offer the better product. Right now Intel is better then AMD plane and simple.
they're not universally better.
I mean, I showed that the Phenom 9950 is cheaper than a Q6600 and has better gaming performance.
and after the ATI acquisition, their GPU's are way ahead of what Intel has

Q9550 it is! Now for my next question... Nvidia 9800gtx or ati hd 4850? Didn't mean to get the fanboy's fired up, just want to know which ones give my machine more raw power. oh and how big of a psu do you guys recommend?

Apokalipse will defend AMD to the grave.
keyword being defend.
Q9550 it is! Now for my next question... Nvidia 9800gtx or ati hd 4850? Didn't mean to get the fanboy's fired up, just want to know which ones give my machine more raw power. oh and how big of a psu do you guys recommend?
1. 4850 (cheaper, overall slightly faster, moreso with AA, overclocks better)
2. Corsair TX-650 or TX-750. Your system probably won't use that much, but they are efficient, and future-proof, as well as not particularly expensive

9800GTX+ performs 10% better than the 9800GTX, and is equal to, and in a lot of cases better than the 4850. Not by a lot, but it is better. You will however spend more money on it

9800GTX+ performs 10% better than the 9800GTX, and is equal to, and in a lot of cases better than the 4850. Not by a lot, but it is better. You will however spend more money on it
9800 GTX+ is as fast as a 4850 without AA in most cases. When it is better, it's a very negligible difference though.
But the 4850 consistently performs better when AA is turned on.

9800 GTX+ is as fast as a 4850 without AA in most cases. When it is better, it's a very negligible difference though.
But the 4850 consistently performs better when AA is turned on.

yeah 4850 performs better with AA turned up, it also overclocks like a champ! i mean really well!

Yes AMD does make better GPU's then Intel but Intel does not really make many GPU's Intel makes CPU's mainly unlike AMD that does both. But Intel makes better CPU's AMD does not.

But Intel makes better CPU's AMD does not.

AMD holds its own and doesn't cut corners when it comes to their CPU's. Unlike Intel AMD doesn't have to pile tons of cache on a CPU just to make up for inferior an inferior CPU architecture.

*Edit*

Oh I thought you said "But Intel makes CPU's and AMD does not."

My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom