Should I upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have loved what nVidia has done for me, and so I stay loyal to a company who has helped me out. The 9800GTX+ is a little more expensive than the 4850, but it's better. And I don't have the money or good enough rest of computer to buy a 4870 or gtx 260.... for now anyways. If you guys think I should upgrade, then that is a sure possibility.

not in performance. all the research I've done and emailing albert from tigerdirect shows the 9800gtx+ performs better. and it performs better in SLI than 4850 does in crossfire. and better in crysis which is the newest splitting edge technology in games.

You emailed a tiger direct rep? wow that's the strangest form of research. He probably told you it was better because its more expensive, ergo he makes more money. Read some benchmarks and reviews from some reputable places. We have a thread on this that beats it into the ground.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f62/next-gen-review-thread-177635/

If you still go with Nvidia after all of that literature, and after the experts telling you otherwise then you truly are a fanboy. And in my opinion fanboys don't deserve the advice because you already know in your convoluted logic what you are going to buy anyways. If you wanted us to reinforce your biased and unsubstantiated views then i'm sorry to disappoint you.

You asked Albert?

The HD 4850 is better than the 9800GTX+... look at the freaking reviews, then try to Volt Mod the card.. its better than a freaking GTX 280

Nothing wrong with Nvidia, they make fairly decent and powerful cards. Yet unlike the Ati cards which are fairly straightforward and perform as they should. The Nvidia cards are usually all the same and take a bit research before you actually find out which card is which and at what price point it reigns supreme.

I've done quite a bit of research, and most of what I've done shows the 9800GTX+ to do better. It does do better in Crysis, which is a game I want to eventually be able to play. But this is wayyyy wayyyy off topic from what I wanted this threat to be about... lol

Here look at these screens. 9800GTX+ is better than the 4850 on almost all games until you set the screen to 2560x1600, which I am not going to do. And even then, it still beats the 4850 in some.

9800=better
Radeon HD 4850 512MB and GeForce 9800 GTX+ Performance Quick Take

9800=better

cod4- 9800 is better the higher the resolution

crysis- smokes the 4850

bioshock- again beats the 4850

enough said for me to justify my reasoning I believel

That's one review you posted 5 times. That is from June so they are using the older drivers. Things have improved now. Also we have much more than that that tells us that the 4850 is better. And I know for a fact that an 8800GT is not faster than a 4850. Why did they use an Nvidia motherboard? and vista 64? Those are some odd choices. But hey its your money fanboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom