Status
Not open for further replies.
here is my current rig

MB: Gigabyte Ga-P35-DS3L
CPU: Intel E7200 (retail)
memory: 2 1gig Mushkin Brand memory sticks
Video: ATI HD 2900 XT 512
Sound Card: Creative X-Fi

there isnt much huge *** games i play that require insane amounts of power like crysis. but i usually play TF2 and mostly WOW and some classic games like D2 and others. thats pretty much about it. not much of a hardcore hardcore gamer that needs a super computer.

hd2900 will be fine for those games,4850 is indeed better, but if you want to not spend any money than your card should be fine.

here is my current rig

MB: Gigabyte Ga-P35-DS3L
CPU: Intel E7200 (retail)
memory: 2 1gig Mushkin Brand memory sticks
Video: ATI HD 2900 XT 512
Sound Card: Creative X-Fi

there isnt much huge *** games i play that require insane amounts of power like crysis. but i usually play TF2 and mostly WOW and some classic games like D2 and others. thats pretty much about it. not much of a hardcore hardcore gamer that needs a super computer.

Honestly don't upgrade. You got a great card, just OC your system. But if you still want to, I would go with the 4850.

And no, the fan hack doesn't mean you set it to 100%. You set the fan to whatever you want. I recommend 30% -> 48%. That way it's almost silent and still gives you some nice temps. And these cards can take the heat so don't worry too much about it.

And also they are selling 4850's with dual slot cooler pretty cheap, like the Sapphire one.

Wait so you just up it to 100% and you should be fine?

More like 30-48% and its still inaudible...

But the HD 2900Pro/Xt is still a good card, just that there are cards that have same performance with better Power Consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom