Guys, what graphics card is better (read description before replying)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
So now that it looks like I am doing good in the custom build pcs, I need to build more and more, but I am having difficult with the graphics card.

I do not know wether to go with the 8800 gt (which seems to be the best bang for the buck)
Or 4870 which is what I would choose, but when selling, I am sure most people will not have a clue what it is, all they will be looking at its probably the memory.

So should I still go for the 4870? Will it bring any better profits than the 8800 gt?( Will people really notice the performance difference when looking at 4870 rather than 8800 gt?

I was also thinking 9800GTX.

So can you guys give me a great graphics card, that people will be like wow thats fast, and not know lots about computers. (price range between 100-300)

The cheaper the better. (the more recognized they are the better too)

I know the 4850 is great, but the 4870 is only 50 bucks more so......

I live in san diego, california, so people are wealthy here.

4870 blows the 8800gt out of the water... You should build computers based on peoples needs, not one generic computer cause it maximizes profits. I guess in the business world that's all people look at, but if you want people to recommend you.. you want to give them the computer of their dreams. IE Gamers give em the 4870, non-gamers give em the 8800.

Low-End gamer- 8600gt/9500gt/8600gts
Mid-Range- 8800GS/GT/9600GSO
High-End- HD 4870/4850

You shouldn't just do it to maximize profit... keep the customer in mind and don't get greedy and don't use plastic Alienware Cases :p

4870 blows the 8800gt out of the water... You should build computers based on peoples needs, not one generic computer cause it maximizes profits. I guess in the business world that's all people look at, but if you want people to recommend you.. you want to give them the computer of their dreams. IE Gamers give em the 4870, non-gamers give em the 8800.

non-gamers 8800??

Umm, the 8800GT is still a powerful card...and can max out all current games (except crysis, of course).

The 4870 outperforms it, but doesnt blow it out the water. And an 8800GT SLI setup is still a powerful gaming system...which can be had for cheap if you grab a couple of them used.

But yes, 4850/4870 would be the way to go now, unless you can get a couple 8800's for a good price.

Ya Ricanflow nabbed an 8800gt for 80$ and that's when they were still pretty bleeding edge

Well sorry to think this way, but I want to sell right now.
I need money so I can finally build myself a computer.

Will people really know the difference between 4870 and 8800gt?
they both say 512Mb lol

And as for keeping customers, its not really a big deal for me, for I do this as a hobbie to help pay for my computer. Once I do this on a bigger scale, maybe next year, thats when I will go all high end.

But what would you guys do if you were in my situation?

Also, whats the best 4Gb ram under 90 bucks? (no rebates please)

and Should I still get Q6600? even with that bad batch? even though I dont plan overclocking any higher than 2.9ghz anyways.

Also don't forget, 9600's do better in SLI than 8800's do. and they are a little over one hundred bucks, so for the price of one 4870, you can get two 9600's, which I'm not for sure what the difference would be. 9800GTX+ is on par with the 4850, but is more expensive. And if you have any monster rigs, like alienware type monster, slap in a gtx 280, hd 4870x2, or a 9800 gx2

Well, I don't know that either, So I was assuming people that build computer for a living could tell me.

Although right now, I am just looking to go with the 4870, and advertise it as the best gpu you can get right now. But what worries me is that I dont want to spend over 150 extra on something people will not even notice. But again california is preety high tech, but you never know at who looks at the ads.

For example, today I just sold a computer, and the guy had no clue what anything was, and he believe I was selling cheap (while I was making 250 profit) so he asked a friend that knew computers to test it out. But he never really knew what he got. But again, maybe this was just luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom