going to computer show tomorrow need upgrade advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanepsycho

Baseband Member
i currently have a about 2 or 3 yr old xps 400 i haven't upgraded this baby yet and now i have money to spend on a graphics card and a sound card my budget is about 100-200 dollars for graphics card and about 100 dollars or so for a sound card i have a dx051 MB (i think thats what it is) 2 gb ram a dual core 2.4(ish) 800 fsb 6mb ls cache(i think) what would you guys suggest for the video card i currently only play wow on my computer but i want to start playing more fps games on my comp instead of my 360 so i need a good card and hopefully one that wont need to be upgraded soon as for my sound i currently only have integrated sound so i want to get a decent card but sound isnt as important to me as the video card plz help ty in advance.

thats the problem i am not to savy with stuff like that do u know if my motherboard would be able to handle the 4850? http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/xps400/om/WD741A03.pdf this is a link to my owners manual that is actually the one i was looking at but i was not sure about wether it would be compatible

ps imma also looking to get a new gaming headset anyone have a good suggestion for a $50 or less good quality headset?

After looking at the picture inside that link you gave us, the 4850 will be compatible in your computer, it says it has a pci x16 slot in it.

ok ty very much for your help i thought it would be but as i said imma pretty much a noob at building my own comp and dont know to much of the tech specs also still looking for headsets ive found some good ones but not sure i am rly looking for something that would take advantage of the sound card that imma get which is prob gonna be the one suggested above if you have any suggestions on a good headset let me know

also what would be the lowest watt power supply i need for the sound and graphics card suggested?

sound card doesn't require much, but the graphics card should be a 550 (if its a GOOD brand)-600, the corsair 650 is a top of the line quality.

lol ok sry one more question you probably saw this coming but which power supply is better and what r the differences between the three i am about to list also if you have a better suggestion that would work for what i am getting but would hopefully cost no more than 100 dollars plz let me know
Newegg.com - Antec True Power Trio TP3-550 550W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply with Three 12V Rails - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - Antec NeoPower 550 550W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - Antec BP550 Plus 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

i was kind of hoping to find something a tad bit cheaper i only have 150 left in my budget and i need to get a better gaming mouse but if thats the cheapest best thing u can fing then it will have to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom