32 bit or 64 bit machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh 64bit is great. Its better technology, and finding drivers etc is easy. Vista also runs better as 64bit, and some games coming out also do, the only problem ive found is that punkbuster only supports 32bit for crysis, but that just meant making a shortcut for 32bit.

As dor upgrading from 32bit, im pretty sure it would need a full reinstall.

lol, really? Glad someone out there had good luck with 64 bit Vista. We had to roll the entire district's system back to XP Pro cause we couldn't get a single thing done. Well, I lied about that. IE worked, we could get on the web... but, ya know, nothing software wise worked. Haaa.

Mines been excellent. But this is what 2 years after release? Im guessing most of the bugs have been ironed out because mine is working great :)

Oh and mobius no problem mate ;)

lol, really? Glad someone out there had good luck with 64 bit Vista. We had to roll the entire district's system back to XP Pro cause we couldn't get a single thing done. Well, I lied about that. IE worked, we could get on the web... but, ya know, nothing software wise worked. Haaa.

64 bit architecture is alot better, more stable, etc. I dont think the problems with vista whether or not its 32 or 64, its just vista. My personal experience has been no better tha xp, but no worse really. Either way 64bit is the way of the future.

64 bit architecture is alot better, more stable, etc. I dont think the problems with vista whether or not its 32 or 64, its just vista. My personal experience has been no better tha xp, but no worse really. Either way 64bit is the way of the future.

The only reason I don't have Vista is because I like to stream off my sound card as well as record off it (lectures, music, etc) ; ) While Vista no longer supports that (in order to combat piracy apparently).

At the same time though with a nice sound card I could do all those things. From what I m hearing about SP1 it seems Vista is no longer hording ram. So if things continue to improve I might just get a cheap sound card and go Vista 64bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom