Urgent- Need Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylinegtrv98

Baseband Member
Well as the title says I am in need of urgent help...I just finished putting together my first build, and when I go to power it on everything seems to be working properly, all the fans turn on I see the cpu cooler on, but I don't seem to get to the BIOS screen...infact my monitor does not even seem to recognize the power was turned on to the computer...Here are the list of my parts from my build...

Mother Board-
GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

CPU-
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor Model ADX6000CZBOX - Retail

Hard Disk-
HITACHI Deskstar P7K500 HDP725050GLA360 (0A35415) 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Memory-
A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1A16K - Retail

Optical Drive-
LG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner w/ SecurDisc Tech Black SATA Model GH20NS15 - OEM

Case-
Rosewill R114A-BLK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W Power Supply - Retail

Thanks in advance for you help...I really want to get my computer going and I don't know what to do..

Check to make sure your monitor is getting power.
Check to make sure your monitor is fully plugged into the computer (both ends of the cable).
It looks like you're using onboard graphics, but if you didn't list a graphics card that you are using, make sure that's fully seated.

Others will come up with better suggestions than mine, but I thought I would chime in.

no...no beeps...I will double check my ram right now...

edit:I have the on board speaker plugged in, and I don't hear any sounds from it...I have tried booting with the DVD Drive and Hard drive un plugged and still nothing, I have tried booting with just one stick in each of the slots, and nothing...I have removed my cpu cooling fan, and checked the CPU which seems to be connected well...I re wired everything and still nothing...There seems to be power coming because all of the fans and lights are on on the case, but no signal ...even tried with two different monitors....HELP PLEASE!!!

No beeps means you're not starting up.... It should beep once.

I'm not good at this stuff, but also make sure the boards grounded properly.

I've heard that has been a culprit before.

Maybe google search "New Computer wont POST." (Power On Self Test)

Okay I double checked the wires from the Case, the power reset and such...and after trying to boot I do not hear a beep, but the monitor reacts at first with the light going green as if it is about to start, but then it goes back into stand by mode...

EDIT: I have just tried resetting the CMOS as per the manual, and I also stripped down everything so it was just the stuff necessary to POST, and then I took the mobo out of the case and placed on the cardboard box that came in, the shorted the power switch to make sure the mobo was not grounding on the case, and still nothing...I am starting to run out of ideas, could it be a bad mobo?? From what I have been reading around the web it is either most likely a bad mobo or bad ram, and since I don't have another desktop around to test my ram i am kinda stuck thinking it is either...Since I got them both from Newegg do you think I should just try to exchange them both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom