Overclocking My HD2600Pro Ice-Q Factory Overclocked GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

forumdude123

Beta member
I have an HIS Radeon HD2600PRO ICE-Q Video Card with a factory overclocked memory clock and core clock (650 core / 1050 "effective" memory clock). While digging through the ATI Catylist control center, i found ati overdrive over clocking utility. When i went in there, it gave me a warning that over clocking the video card may mess up my pc. So here's the question:

Can I overclock the card without messing up my pc? I have one 120mm rear exhaust fan, and the video card has the ice-q cooler on it (Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H260PRQT512DDN-R Radeon HD 2600PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards). I also have the stock cpu cooler on my e7200, and no other air flow. With this config, is it recommended to over clock the video card? Thanks for your suggestions.

Overdrive is really limited in terms of overclocking options, ATiTool has more headroom, and it has a built in test for Artifact utility

ya overdrive definitely is limited... usually only lets you get lke 100 mhz extra... when more than lkely it can do more than 100mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom