where to start?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvntPsyChE

Beta member
So my current computer's graphics card just went out... and im currently looking into a new card.

But it has been a while since i have had a significant upgrade in technology and i decided its about time that i built (for the first time) my own computer. Im heavily into gaming, graphics, and music editing and i would like to salvage the working parts on my computer...

The hard drive i have in it is brand new and is 126gigs. I currently have 2 gigs of ram aswell and the sound card is a creative audigy which has yet to give me any problems.

I guess what im asking for is guidance and advice - i tried browsing through the recommended parts list but its pretty much all foreign me.

Id put a price tag at about 700 or 800 bucks assuming that i dont need a sound card hard drive or ram\

(also - how can i check the power supply to the current computer i have? i wanna quickly buy a new vid card for my current computer but i wanna make sure the power supply can handle it... the original card that came in it was a radeon 9800 so id assume it wouldnt be that big of an issue)

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83ghz
Mobo: Biostar I45 LGA775
PSU: Corsair 750TX
VideoCard: Sapphire ATI HD4870
Ram: Reaperd HTPC Version 2x2GB Kit 800mhz
Case: CoolerMaster RC690

E8500
ASUS P5Q PRO
Antec 900
Corsair 650tx

Totals= ~700

You Look on the back of the power supply to determine the specifics.

I have a feeling your going to need new ram, if your computer is old than it might have ddr 400 memory which will need to be upgraded to ddr2 800 or something. That's another ~50+$, Also your harddrive 126gb? That's a small harddrive for video/photo editing, I recommend the WD 640gb which is another 85 bucks, and also you'll need a new OS Vista 64 BIT which is another 100 bucks. lol... But what i just told you is a nice computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom