Should I upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's an AMD and nVidia fanbody, I don't think he'd buy any of those... except the PSU..

Hahaha! nVidia fanboy, yes! AMD fanboy, no! I was always just under the impression you got more bang for your buck, and since my gaming pc and my brothers was AMD and both worked well, I assumed it true not knowing much about intel. (I did have a pentium 4 1.5ghz lol, but they can't be judged by that.)

I am not opposed to intel, but I will definitely got the nVidia route as I feel they are superior in gaming.

I am not opposed to intel, but I will definitely got the nVidia route as I feel they are superior in gaming.
Your feelings are wrong, go have fun with your "+"'s and gtx400+'s in the future which are actually gtx280's with die shrinks, or maybe it's not a die shrink? You don't know until you buy it. So your going to buy it, and you might just get a gtx280 but you paid $150 extra for it. And then you try to sell it and then oh no! Nvidia released 50 other cards that are actually the same just with different names.

Rant= over.

lol nVidia dominates the gaming world, I have never had any problems with my nvidia cards, and just do your research before buying a card. ps- i will have lots of fun with my "+"'s haha.

lol nVidia dominates the gaming world
power
4870x2?
Not insane power
4870?
Oh you want to talk about bang for buck?
4850?
oh, ok, "nvm"?
, I have never had any problems with my nvidia cards
Plenty have, look at the whole laptop graphic card disaster they are going through. 8600m's and 8400m's blowing up left and right apparently.
and just do your research before buying a card.
I did this last time, and even though I've only had it a short time (a month?) It's the best card I have ever owned [/quote]
ps- i will have lots of fun with my "+"'s haha.
I hope you have fun, I'm sure all the confused newbies are having fun as we speak due to nvidias marketing like *******s.

lol they should have done their research before buying. right now there is no gtx 400. and there is a difference between then 9800 gtx and the 9800 gtx+, and besides that they have no other die shrinked versions of cards. so idk how their fooling anyone with their advertising..

You don't know then about the 8800 gt/ 9800 gt game they play.
Some 9800gt's are dieshrinked 8800 gt's, while most 9800gt's are just .... 8800 gt's.

They also were supposed to do this with the 9600gt also. These cards will have NO +'s on them either, so lucky whoever gets a die shrinked one.

These are NEWBIES we are talking about. They will end up buying a 9800pro by mistake.

I was using the gtx400 thing as what might happen in the future if nvidia keeps doing what they are doing now.

Yes, the difference between the 9800gtx and the 9800gtx+ is the die shrink.

lol nVidia dominates the gaming world, I have never had any problems with my nvidia cards, and just do your research before buying a card. ps- i will have lots of fun with my "+"'s haha.

See this is what happens when you don't stay in the know. The pc world is always changing and there are a lot of people who come in here assuming things are like they were in 2005. They aren't

Right now ATI's cards are much better than Nvidia's for price performance and when you get to the top ATI's highest end cards beat Nvidia's highest end card, so they are beat on both fronts.

Netburst, the architecture that the Pentium 4 was based on is dead. Now Intel uses the Core architecture which is far superior. Currently Intel Core2 chips are the best. They are faster, cooler, and more energy efficient.

The pc is never static, what is true today may not be true tomorrow. Don't take 2,3,4,5 year old information as true. Chances are hings are completely different.

I like Nvidia but I would say that ATI's cards are better right now

Next card I'll get will be an ATI unless Nvidia blows me away with a new one soon

Whats up with this Ati inferiority over Nvidia rumor that always seems to be rampant amongst amateur computer builders? Yeah I have both Ati cards and Nvidia cards and never seem to have problems with them. Don't let fan boys tell you about fake *** rumors that Ati has no drivers, Ati is inferior, or something like Ati doesn't perform as well in gaming.

Anything in the 100$ below Market Nvidia does reign supreme but once you get up to the 140+ market Ati starts to shine.

You want to know why? I've seen at least 20 games that I could probably list out in the past year that have had

"Best PLAYED WITH NVIDIA"

In the start of the game.

TF2 and Tribes vengeance are the only games I've ever seen with a "BEST PLAYED ON ATI" intro or logo somewhere.

It's just marketing, and Nvidia does a good job of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom