Official Intel Overclocking thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes... I honestly went into the 75C's... with watercooling at not that high of a voltage. Now back to idling at 37 :).

I am 3.6ghz stable with 5 passes. I'll only do 5. I think I'll keep moving up tonight. Maybe I might vmod my 4850 further tomorrow also.

Hey what should I change here so I can get my cpu higher with an 8multiplier.

ratio:8
fsb:450
fsb strap: 400mhz
pcie 101

dram freq: ddr2-900mhz
dramcommandrate: 2t
Dram timing control: Manual

4-4-4-12

I think it is the ram that is holding me back. Should I raise the dram voltage? I have it on auto I think.....

I could get higher stable clocks with auto settings (except for fsb and cpu voltage).

All you need to do is do what you do most often.

You wanna play games with the overclock? FINE!! Play the games at the settings you want and that will tell you if its stable.

If all you want to do is get it prime or OCCT stable so you can say it is, then use that.

If your benchmark crazy and all you want to do is run benchmarks like vantage mark or 3Dmark06 or whatever, then use those to test.

I tell everyone this.

It makes zero sense if you want to play games and then use OCCT or prime 95 to "test" for stability.

Processor: Q9300
Stepping: 7
Revision: M1
VID: 1.225V
Final Clock: 3.74GHz (498x7.5=3735MHz)
Final Vcore: 1.36875V

Power supply: Corsair HX-720
MotherBoard: Gigabyte EP45-DS3P Rev 1.0
RAM: 2x2GB Kingston HyperX DDR2-800 (PC2-6400)
RAM Speed: 996MHz
Timmings: 5-5-5-15
RAM to FSB: 1:1
Final RAM Voltage: 2.020 Volts

Stress testing program: Everest System Stability Test
Hour of Stability: ~2 Hours
Idle Temparture: 41C
Max Load Temparture: 65C
Reason for Stress Test End: Manual stop after just over 2 hours, stable with Crysis, COD4, STALKER: CS, GOW, etc for about 2 months

Heatsink: OCZ Vendetta 2
Thermal Paste: OCZ Freeze Extreme

CPU-Z and CoreTemp ScreenShot
http://i33.tinypic.com/autnc6.png

BIOS Voltage Setup
http://i38.tinypic.com/2sb999y.jpg
sorry bout the flash! you can see all the user set values, the white ones are just the JEDEC values...

EDIT: How do you make those little thumbnails? all i could get was huge pics or links... havent used VB in ages, can someone explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom