I think I broke my computer.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventriac

In Runtime
Alright, so my specs are in my sig.

I was going to mess around with the overclocking, SO...
I went to Manual Overclocking, When I went to try to customize it there weer only limited options to play with.. So I clicked on like 5x multiplier, and right when i hit enter, the computer restarted and I no longer had video...

How do i fix this? or reset my bios or anything without having video.

Take out the CMOS battery. That will reset your BIOS to the default settings and you will have video back. The CMOS battery is that thing that looks like a watch battery on your motherboard.

Sweet.. it worked, i thought to do that, but it was giving me a hard time so i didn't want to break it so i left it, but yeah.. that did it.

Some bios' have safe boot setting for overclockers. It will reset the cpu and memory settings back to default if the system fails to boot. If there is such a setting make sure it's enabled.

And there's usually a jumper you can short if you don't feel like ripping the battery out.

And there's usually a jumper you can short if you don't feel like ripping the battery out.

correct. OP on your motherboard it is located immediately above the yellow/orangish FDD connector. power off comp, unplug power from PSU, remove jumper from its current position and jump the center pin and the opposite of the one it is on now. leave for 5-10 seconds and replace jumper to its original position and viola! clear cmos.

correct. OP on your motherboard it is located immediately above the yellow/orangish FDD connector. power off comp, unplug power from PSU, remove jumper from its current position and jump the center pin and the opposite of the one it is on now. leave for 5-10 seconds and replace jumper to its original position and viola! clear cmos.

you shouldnt have to unplug power from the psu to do that... i never did, still worked out just fine

and not all mobo's have the jumpers for cmos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom