What is your favorite Laptop trademark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell would be my favorite. After owning a Compaq laptop I'll never get another HP/Compaq product.

My next laptop will most likely be a Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

Dell would be my favorite. After owning a Compaq laptop I'll never get another HP/Compaq product.

My next laptop will most likely be a Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

Don't judge HP by their Compaq products. My friend had an HP/Compaq and it was horrible, the hinges broke, CD drive ruined, bunch of issues, it was an awful laptop. My new HP is awesome, HP's "HP" branded PC's are great, the Compaqs are their low end ones.

But then again, the Inspiron Mini 9 looks quite nice, I usually like power and performance over size and weight, but those little mini-PC's are looking quite nice and I kinda want one, though I don't have the money for one.

Don't judge HP by their Compaq products. My friend had an HP/Compaq and it was horrible, the hinges broke, CD drive ruined, bunch of issues, it was an awful laptop. My new HP is awesome, HP's "HP" branded PC's are great, the Compaqs are their low end ones.

But then again, the Inspiron Mini 9 looks quite nice, I usually like power and performance over size and weight, but those little mini-PC's are looking quite nice and I kinda want one, though I don't have the money for one.

I haven't had much experience with HP laptops so I guess I can't really comment on them but my current Compaq would still be enough to make me reluctant to get one. Plus I can get a nice discount on Dell's through school

I was originally looking at a powerful laptop but after realizing that I would have to spend allot more than I wanted to to get anywhere close to the performance of my desktop and carrying my current 14" laptop around campus I think a small and light laptop with good battery life would suit my needs better. All I really need it to be able to run is Firefox, Office 07, and Visual Studio.

My favorite is Asus. IBM Thinkpads are also very nice, the Lenovo ones I haven't been so crazy about. Toshiba is also pretty good although I didn't always like them. They used those ultra cheap black keyboards in their low-end and mid-range laptops for a few years that broke constantly and they lost major points with me because of that. Toshiba Portege is one sweet notebook line, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom