Format Zero'd out HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dempoi

Solid State Member
Hello , I have recently zero'd out to HDD's and so now of course windows cannot see them when i have them connected. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should use/do to format them or make them viewable by windows. Thanks

Have to format the drive to NTFS. Windows wont recognize a drive with Zero's which is known as RAW format.

Thanks for the reply. Yes i know windows won't recognise it because it is raw format. How would i go about formatting the HDD to NTFS?

Thanks

if you have the windows installation CD's there will be an option to format the RAW HDD into NTFS or even FAT32 though NTFS is the most used option.

Hello,

A vital question...have you even created a partition on the hard drive yet? Partitioning the disk comes first, then formatting the partitions comes next.

All you should need to do is create a new partition on the hard drive using the Disk Management tool located at Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management tool, then format the partition.

The following article has step by step instructions: How to partition and format a hard disk in Windows

I had this issue yesterday. A quick format (wipe) with powermax 4 made the drive recognizable again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom