Windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitesh0528

In Runtime
Hey
when i go to install windows 98 it will format the drive and all that then it says it has to check the drive for errors then all that gets done with no problems but then it says remove any disks in the drive and press any key to restart your computer and i do that and i just keeps doing the check disk thing again everytime its like it is in a continues loop

I would get ahold of a 98 boot disk and Fdisk & Format it yourself, and then go thru the procedure.

try a flat install. fdisk, write zero's, format then create a folder on the C:\ and call it 'flatinstall' then copy all the cab files to that directory then run the installation from the HDD instead of the cd. also if this is win98 may want to check with the MBD manu to see if any special PIIX drivers are needed. can't answer that one for you, though, as it just depends. just find your MBD manu/model and search for its PIIX. sometimes its needed prior to installation (just create the system folder and copy the MBD chipset from the floppy to that folder) but these are usually only needed on OLD systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom