computer keeps crashing and restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright, so I should put the FSB back to 230, lower voltage to 1.25, and then set the HT multiplier to 3? By lowering the HT will this make it slower, and therefore not worth OCing?

Did not work, I lowered the voltage, HT multiplier at 3, FSB at 230= cpu 2.4ghz and still crashes. It was fine for awhile then after watching a few videos on youtube it crashed.

Well the ram is 800mhz, voltage is set at auto. i didnt think I needed to tweak that at all.

never rule out anything, lol...
you might if its stock voltage is 2.1 and your mobos auto voltage is 1.9
and then it is trying to overclock ther ram. check cpuz, are you sure the ram isnt oc'd at all?

that was odd, right now its at 2.3ghz which has always been stable, but as I opened CPU-Z it restarted. im starting to wonder if I've got another problem. Maybe the aftermarket cpu cooler I bought is inefective.

NVIDIA monitor has the cpu at 33 C though I heard brisbanes are read wrong. In CPU-Z it says DRAM frequency is 385, then i assume the double date reateis that times 2, which is approx 800mhz.

An interesting note- in nvidia monitor it says under Bus speeds
"CPU core: 2200 mhz", tho its OCed to 2300, when oced to 2400, it shows as 2300
Also, under bus speeds
"memory 880.00 (ddr2) mhz." i havent OC'ed this, yet it says that, tho i dont believe my mobo or cpu can handle more than like 738 mhz anyways.

Then under nvidia monitor it says voltage- and it says "CPU: 1.5500 V"
I have in BIOS it set at 1.250 i believe, and i cant even set it past 1.325. So maybe these are part of the problems, maybe it's my cooler. Idk, I do know I need help though. lol

PS- as i typed this cpu temp dropped to 25 C

yeah trust nvidia monitor as a GENERAL idea of your temps. it is closer than anything else. but trust cpuz for everything else.
ok so your ram clock is fine. do you know the stock voltage it requires?
okay, i would go ahead and up the cpu voltage a notch and see what happens. leave the HT multi down at 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom