Possible stupid Q... X4 vs X2..

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think you misunderstand ste, wildside...
it is a fact that a low resolution monitor bottlenecks a high-end graphics card. thats what ste is saying. as a matter of fact, most bottlenecks in most (if not all) decent gaming rigs are the monitors, especially if they are smaller than a 24".

err ya i sure did after reading ur post lol. I was concerned about my monitor is all.

erm.. even a gtx260 or a 4870 can handle 1920x1200 just fine... heck.. an 8800gtx can still do it just fine... with of course.. the exception of crysis...

you will need a 4870x2... gtx280.. or gtx260 sli for that one...

lol as much as i hate to admit it....
about the only good time to suggest an x2 would be if the person has an aging x2 3800 and needs more juice. then the suggestion would be get an x2 5400BE and overclock like mad.
but as far as ground-up builds, even the cheap intels are better (sic. "faster).
and this comes from the ex-AMD fanboy king (or prince, i should say....apok holds the crown).
hopefully the 45nm will be something to look at. if they fail like phenom, man o man intels are going to get expensive.

its so true, i had to give way to my urges to get a e2180 and overclock it like crazy, instead buying this 5000+ which is good still i guess, but only about the same o/c as everyone gets, i was hoping to get some kinda monster o/c on the intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom